We headed past the supermarket in the morning and got some yummy breakfast things which we ate below the pohara sea cliffs. After our fruit and yoghurt treat we did a couple of climbs. We climbed the 16 with the bell which Ari liked and then another short one.
The beach was calling so we went off to Ligar Bay and had lunch on the sand. A nap crept up on us and then it was off to the Taupo Point car park. We walked around the rocks for a bit and then hung around in the evening sun planning the next few days.
An hour before it got dark we decided to go for a short kayak out to the islands off Tata Beach. The evening sun created vibrant colours great for taking photos.
We had left the spray decks at the camp so were kayaking without. A wave caught Ari on the way out and we got to try out the new pump.
1) We climbed at the sea cliffs doing the 16 with the bell at the top. The holds are good and it’s an enjoyable climb.
2) Ari did the same climb.
3) Ari abseiling down from the top.
4) After climbing we went and had lunch at Ligar Bay and napped for a bit then later on we drove to Wainui Inlet and went for a walk around towards Taupo Point.
5) On the way back to the car we decided to test out how muddy the lagoon was. Quite muddy was the answer.
6) In the evening we made a snap decision to go kayaking out to the Tata Islands. It was nice although we had left our spray decks back a Hang Dog so we had to be careful not to get water in the kayak. There was a bit of a swell in places which Ari didn’t like too much. We saw the sun set as we were kayaking.