The rain had stopped and the sun was starting to come out. We drove back into Wanaka and ate pies at the lake shore and then followed the road around the side to Hospital Flat where we parked amongst the tourists. We did two easy climbs at the main cliff. Then we crossed the road and a paddock to another wall up on the side of a hill amongst a bit of bush and bracken. We climbed an easy route followed by a more interesting one, made more interesting by the variety of moves and different hand holds.
We ate lunch at the side of Lake Wanaka and later in the afternoon we drove to Kidds Bush stopping along the way to take photos of the expanse of blue water that is Lake Hawea. We set up camp near the side of the lake and went for a short walk.
1) After checking out of our Air BnB we drove to Wanaka and bought some fatty pastries for breakfast. We ate them by the lake shore. This is the view across the lake.
2) We went climbing at Hospital Flat near Wanaka.
3) We did a few easy climbs on both sides of the road.
4) After climbing, in the evening, we drove along the side of Lake Hawea to Kidds Bush where we stopped to camp the night.
5) We pitched the tent on a bank above the lake away from most of the campers. It was very busy but we had a spot that was more secluded.
6) The sun set.
7) We got ready for bed.