I finished work early and drove Craig, Ivan, Pip, and Julia out to Glentui where we did the canyon there.
1) Ivan went first and checked out the flow.
2) Craig came down last with the rope bag.
3) We pulled the rope through and fed it back into the bag.
4) Craig set up the abseils for us.
5) The canyon is quite short with just a few features and then a walk down the river.
6) We were finished with plenty of daylight left.
I did the Tuesday Worlds in the morning. It went better than my first ride in December. In the afternoon we went climbing again, this time at Lyttelton Rock. The sun tried to bake us to the rock.
1) There were lots of opportunities to climb while Ari was visiting and we went to a number of crags on the port hills. This is Ari climbing at Lyttelton rock.
2) I sanded back the table before Ari arrived and oiled it so that it was nice to sit at again. We had a few meals outside on the deck under the umbrella.
It was a very warm day. I picked Ari up from the airport before lunch and we headed home. She wasn’t at all jet lagged so we went climbing at Albert Tce. Ari was happy that it was so warm and summery.
Above left: I made us a nacho feast after our afternoon of climbing. Above right: What better way to start a holiday than with nachos.