We packed and drove towards Arthurs Pass. On the way we stopped at Castle Hill and then we walked through Cave Stream. Ari enjoyed it. We exited the end of the cave back into the warm evening. After a little more driving we decided to stop near the Hawdon. We found a spot amongst the trees and set up camp. I cooked dinner while the sand flies feasted on me.
1) We visited Castle Hill on the first day after leaving Christchurch. The weather was good. We played hide and seek in the rocks.
2) The rock formations are nice.
3) We went through Cave Stream in the evening.
4) We left Cave Stream back into the nice warm evening. I was tempted to camp by the exit but we continued to Mt White Bridge instead.
5) It was a nice evening as we headed to the Hawdon Shelter.
6) We camped on the grassy flats near the Hawdon river.
7) We cooked a quick pasta dinner and ate inside the tent to avoid the sandflies.